As an impassioned orator and transformational leader during the divisive and violent civil rights era, Dr. Martin Luther King was well-known for the wealth of rhetorical techniques that he used to communicate his vision for equality, justice, and peace. In his Founder’s Day address delivered at Spelman College in 1960, Dr. King empowered young female students to keep moving forward based on four symbolic mountains that included relativism, materialism, segregation, and violence. Decades after his speech was published in the Spelman Messenger, the persuasive rhetoric he coined is still considered today to be fundamental for achieving enterprise level strategies in our high-tech business world.
“If you can’t fly, run; if you can’t run, walk; if can’t walk, crawl; but by all means keep moving.”
Dr. King understood that life is a journey, and you cannot go from zero to one hundred percent in goal attainment automatically. In recent years, high-tech business consultants have embraced the concept that true success comes from setting mini goals as well as taking a moment to appreciate the achievement of each milestone. Thus, when applied to the enterprise role of creating a customer-centric culture the Crawl-Walk-Run strategy delivers excellence that goes above and beyond with employees who feel included, valued, and appreciated. Moreover, it explains why big shifts that take time to evolve should not be undertaken without evaluation, learning, and proper implementation of the basics.
Moving Technology Forward
For most businesses, you don’t need an inspirational quote to know that crawl-walk-run is a smart strategy when implementing technology. The tricky part is to determine which technologies to adopt, and when. Plus, an inherent danger of the crawl-walk-run approach is the need to reduce the organization’s time to market response. Although there is no shame in crawling towards success even though others appear to be running, the shame comes from the loss of profit that results from not meeting consumers’ needs in a timely manner. If your situation is one where the enterprise faces more risk from moving slowly than from moving too fast, you need a strategic partner who can help you test, learn, and then scale to accelerate your ability to continuously transform your business.
Scalable Methodology for Quality Delivery
At Mycelium Software, we focus on your critical business systems and apply our proven crawl-walk-run approach to ensure all the moving parts of your strategy work together to achieve your goals. Our platform provides a robust proprietary set of mature processes which can help your organization towards a path of operational excellence, based on your schedule, your budget, and your timeline. Our products build quality into every aspect of the implementation pipeline, including:
- Automated Test Management – We deliver improved ROI with the only data-driven software testing platform that lets you perform end-to-end testing across different business environments. Our META regression testing suite evaluates the system thoroughly by testing every known test script artifact that is registered within the system. Assertion rules let you customize data attributes through which you can build custom thresholds to enable an entire spectrum of users to create automation test scripts with ease.
- Copy Data Management – Our copy data management tool empowers technical and non-technical users to acquire and securely copy test data from any available environment, as many times as their test iterations dictate. Mycelium eliminates the need to maintain multiple copies of the data, whether it is in production or non-production environments. CDM lets organizations achieve a leaner, agile, and more controlled non-production operating environment for timely, accurate, reliable, and robust data access.
- Data Retention Management – Achieve high system performance while minimizing costs involved in the maintenance of production databases using our data retention management tool. We provide features to consistently purge, archive, or remove unnecessary data from the system, so production databases have a smaller footprint that promotes improved system performance and enhances resource productivity. Our detailed dashboards are packed with insightful metrics to help keep a constant check on production environments.
- Release Management – In conjunction with META, our release management tool helps organizations achieve business agility to massively shorten release cycles with accelerated time to market. Less tech-savvy users can leverage the web-based interface to exercise a finer level of control over the change management process. Two major benefits include impact analysis of the implemented changes and adherence to quality. Prefabricated adapters are designed to provide a seamless release management process for every customer.
- ETL Manager – Harness the potential of our extract, transform, and load manager for simplifying data conversions and implementations for populating data warehouses. Wider adoption of ETL data integration techniques has resulted in an exponential number of data formats, systems, and sources. Purge or archive stale data in production environments to maximize performance reducing maintenance costs. With ETL Manager, you can execute upgrade conversion activities with ease while generating keys and summary data.
Over the years, Mycelium has provided utility companies and municipalities that provide gas, water, and electric services to residential and commercial customers with a streamlined experience by improving their time to market for enhancements, upgrades, and new solutions while reducing their overall cost of ownership. We are dedicated to automation that manages change and improves our client’s results, which is something we achieve through our combination of people, processes, and application of technology.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1(904) 473-4959 for more information about utilizing our crawl-walk-run approach where we incorporate the critical aspects of automation, then phase in the secondary aspects until you reach full business agility.